Friday, January 15, 2010

New Year's Resolutions, only two weeks late

In the past this blog has been primarily short essays, if you will, posted roughly once a week. Alright, once every week and a half to two weeks. Also, though I intended to keep this blog restricted to about three subjects, it has overwhelmingly focused on things with a decidedly Episcopalian bent. Part of that is my preference, part is that way more people who are way more knowledgeable in their fields get paid way better than I do to write on sports and politics. While lots of people get paid more to write on religion, I at least feel I occasionally have a viewpoint worth contributing there.

As a result, I'm planning on posting more. Way more. And mostly shorter posts. I'm going to try and post at least every other day, and more likely every day. I'm still planning on occasionally writing lengthy (for the web) thoughts on things that move me to write, but I'm going to loosen up the filter here a bit and stop just writing on things that move me like the death of Ted Kennedy & the Sewanee Community after Tragedy. Hopefully this will make this whole enterprise more enjoyable for you, the reader, and for me, as the poster.


To mark my departure from the purely serious and sincere, I'm going to post an exceptionally silly clip. This isn't indicative of the tone this blog will take in the new year by any means, but it's funny and irreverent, and with all of the horrors in the world today, the immense tragedy, the suffering, and the hopelessness one has to feel in the wake of the Haiti tragedy, hopefully this will brighten everyone's day (if you'll excuse the moderately coarse language.)

Just not before you make a donation to Episcopal Relief and Development, because before you can escape for a minute, you really should help out.


And now for something completely different.





No comments:

Post a Comment